Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 – Shoden
Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Shoden, means “first teachings” in Japanese, is a one day beginners course. The course is a combination of teaching and experience. The course begins with introductory talks on the philosophy, practice and history of Usui Reiki Ryoho; in Japan and in the West. Students are then introduced to four of the five elements of Japanese Reiki practice: gokai (philosophical precepts), kokyu-Ho (breathing techniques and meditation), tenohira (performing treatments for the self and others), and reiju (receiving a spiritual blessing, or “attunement” from one’s teacher).
During the day students will be given four traditional Japanese Reiki attunements, unique to the system of Usui Reiki Ryoho. Every attunement strengthens, cleanses and balances your personal energy system allowing you to perceive and work with ki easier.
You will then be introduced to the Japanese model of the human energy system, this includes Haras not chakras. Haras are connected to Japanese martial arts. The main hara is a couple of inches, (5cm), below the navel. It is inside the body and closer to the spine than the navel. there is also one in the heart and a powerful spiritual one in the brain.
We also cover traditional techniques such as kenyoku (cleansing one’s energy before or after treatments and meditation) and joshin kokyu ho (focusing the mind with breath).
This is an experiential course so as much time as possible is given to practicing treatments. You will give and receive at least two or three treatments in the afternoon session.
Benefits of Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 – Shoden
- you develop a clear understanding of Reiki energy work
- you begin to feel grounded, balanced and relaxed
- learn how to give simple Reiki treatments to both yourself and others
- so you begin to heal your own physical and emotional self
- receive support from your teacher and give it to your peers
Details of Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 – ShodenTraining
- We get an overview of the course
- First ‘Reiju’ spiritual empowerment
- Energy work: Basic exercises to help you get in touch with your energy. Feel the energy of others
- Second ‘Reiju’ spiritual empowerment
- ‘Hatsu Rei Ho’ technique to help with energy work
- Understanding Miessen Gassho
- The importance of Kenyoku – the dry bath
- Discussion about Haras – the Japanese energy system
- Third ‘Reiju’ spiritual empowerment
- Self Treatments: Carry out Usui Reiki Royoho Shoden self-treatments following the pattern provided in the manual.
- Using Reiki on others – explaination and demo/s. Then practice
- ‘Scanning’ and feeling the energy of others – expaination and demo/s. Then practice
- Giving a Reiki treatment to a another person – practice and receiving
- Bringing it all together.