Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 – Okuden
Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 – Okuden is a Japanese word meaning “inner teachings”. It builds on Level I; deepening and enhancing the students understanding of Reiki. Level 1 is a rerequisite of joining this course. We review the four elements of traditional Japanese Reiki learned on the previous day and you are introduced to the fifth element: jumon (mantras) and shirushi (symbols).
You will be given three healing symbols (shirushi) used in Level 2 Reiki. Each one has an accompanying mantra. The symbols all have Japanese names, two come from Tendai Buddhism, the other is a sentence in Japanese. The symbols are an important and powerful aspect of Okuden. Using of them in treatment and meditation creates strength and focus in Reiki work. We will develop your ability to work with the Haras.
We extensively cover the three symbols and mantras so you will gain a solid understanding of their origins, nature and how they can deepen and enhance your Reiki practice. You do not have to memorise the symbols and mantras during the day – what are manuals/notes for?
You are given three traditional Japanese Reiki attunements; each attunement helps to strengthen, cleanse and balance the energy system, making it easier to perceive and work with ki. You will have significant time to practice and receive Reiki during the day.
Benefits of Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 Okuden:
- enhance your understanding and practice of Usui Reiki Ryoho
- add breadth and depth your own personal healing process
- learn to work with Reiki symbols and mantras
- learn how to send distance healing with Reiki, (enkaku chiryo)
- learn sensing energetic imbalances with the hands, (byosen reikan ho)
- develop your intuition, (reiji ho)
- learn new techniques for meditation, relaxation and self-healing
- increase your confidence in treating others
- receive support from your teacher and give it to your peers
Details of Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 Okuden:
- General discussion about how you feel after yesterday
- Talk about the 5 Precepts of Usui Reiki Ryoho
- First Level 2 empowerment
- More detail on hand positions
- Koki ho breathing
- Understanding the connection between the Abdomenal Hara and Earth Ki
- Understanding the connection between the Head Hara and Heavenly Ki
- Second Level 2 empowerment
- Practice time – Special exercises to connect heavenly ki and earth ki
- Third Level 2 empowerment
- Distant healing
- Practice time distant healing session
- Gyoshi ho
- The use of purposeful intent to direct energy
- Working intuitively with Reiki Ho
- The rest of the day is all about practice – using whatever techniques you wish
- Conclusion and award ceremony